- 3 big potatoes
- 2 banana peppers
- 500 gramsmince
- 1 grated onion
- 3 tablespoon ofstale bread crumb
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ofblack pepper
- 1 teaspoon ofcumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of flaked red pepper
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 3 grated tomatoes
- 2 waterglass ofhot water
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1,5 water glass ofoil
Rest the mixture in the fridge for 15-20 minutes before preparing the meatballs.
You can put on aliminum foil on the cooking tray.
How to cook Izmir meatball?
- Put onion, wetted stale crumbs, egg, spices, chopped parsley and salt in an oval glass dish.
- Knead the mixture.
- Take palm seized pieces from the meatball mixture and roll them. Line up the meatballs in a glass baking dish.
- Fry the potato wedges.
- Put the potato wedges on a napkin.
- Prepare the tomatoes and banana peppers.
- Fry the meatballs ( not fully).
- Put the meatballs on a napkin.
- For the sauce overheat the oil and tomato paste. Then add 3 grated tomatoes, 2 glass of water, 1 teaspoon of thyme and salt. And boil.
- Meanwhile, line up the potato wedges and meatballs in the cooking dish
- Put the tomatoes and banana peppers on it.
- And then add the sauce.
- Cook in the oven.(200 °C)
A salad full of greens will go well with Izmir meatball.