The holy book of our religion, the Quran, was revealed to the Prophet Hz. Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) in the cave called Hira near Mecca in 610.
Our Prophet was 40 years old when the Quran began to be revealed. We have compiled information about the content of the Holy Book of Islam, the Holy Quran, for you.
Here are the 10 things you need to know about our holy book, the Quran …
Information About the Holy Quran
- The Quran consists of 6236 verses and 114 suras.
- The longest chapter is Surat al-Baqara with 286 verses. The shortest surah is Surah Kevser with 3 verses.
- The Quran consists of 600 pages and 30 parts (Each part consists of sections of 20 pages).
- In the first years when the Quran was revealed, it was written on stones, leaves and gazelle skins.
- The fact that the Quran is revealed part by part rather than as a whole has made it easy to memorize and learn.
- The Holy Quran was made into a book in the time of The First Caliph Hz.Ebubekir.
- Our holy book was also multiplied in the time of Caliph Hz. Osman.
- The Quran has reached the present day without any changes since 610, when it was first revealed.
- The Quran, which was sent after the Torah, Psalms and the Bible, is the last holy book.
- It is a holy book that was sent not only to Muslims but to the whole world and to meet the needs of all humanity.
A quotation from Hz. Ali:
“The mystery of all holy books is in the Quran. Everything in the Quran is in Fatiha. Everything in Fatiha is in Basmala. Everything in the Basmalah is at the ‘ba'(ب) of the Basmalah. In the ‘ba’ (ب) of the Basmalah, it is at the point below it. “